The Short Version
The Membership Director ensures that people can purchase memberships.
More formally the Membership Director shall:
- assume responsibility for Community League membership sales
- order membership drive supplies from the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues and prepares canvassing kits
- recruit canvassers for the annual membership drive
- distribute kits and assign areas, ensuring all areas of the League are canvassed by October 1 (membership year runs from September 1 to August 31)
- collect money and kits from the canvassers, issue receipts for same and remit all monies collected to the Treasurer
- sell memberships throughout the year and provide Program Directors with memberships for sale at registrations, keeping a record of such memberships
- maintain accurate and current records of all active members and of members whose membership rights have been suspended and distribute such lists to Executive as needed
- submit a list of out-of-boundary memberships to the Publicity Director as they are sold throughout the year.